Bruno (Fabrizio Bentivoglio) has lost all zest for life - his career is flagging and his passion for teaching has become an apathetic routine with equally uninterested students, including 15-year-old Luca. One day Luca's mother reveals a secret that turns Bruno's life upside down: Luca is his son. Awkward.
This is classic comedy served up Italian style - warm and funny but never over-sentimental or patronizing. "Scialla" is Roman slang for "take it easy", and this film is pretty much just that. Not loud or vulgar but simple and amusing. Al dente!
- June 3, 2012 at Letelier Theater in Georgetown. 3251 Prospect Street, NW, Washington, DC UPPER COURTARD.
- 4:00 pm: Sign in, enjoy complimentary beverages and snacks during the film.
- 4:15 pm: Program begins with introductions and film
- 6:15 pm: The film will be followed by small reception which provides an opportunity to socialize and discuss the film.
- $10 for members of Passatempo. Click here to RSVP.
- $15 for non-members (cash only, no credit/debit card processing)