Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pizza Buonissima in Georgetown: Il Canale

Ciao Amici!

I just returned from 2 weeks in Italia for my honeymoon, and it was wonderful. Being there reminded me that amazing Italian food doesn't have to be complicated or expensive, especially when it comes to pizza. Although I wouldn't normally recommend getting pizza anywhere other than 2 Amy's, Paola Buffa and Enrico Sautto have started serving up very authentic and delicious pizza at Il Canale, 1063 31st St. in Georgetown. Upon entering you see the wood-fired oven where all the magic happens and move into their sleekly decorated downstairs dining room and bar. The upstairs dining room is slightly more spacious, and when it's warm you can dine al fresco on the "terrazza." I can't attest to their pastas and other dishes, but the mixed antipasto platter is a great starter, and their wine selection provides plenty of options. With a glass of red wine in hand and the Pizza Margherita in front of me, I could almost close my eyes and pretend I was back in the Bel Paese. Buon Appetito!

-Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment