Sunday, November 13, 2022

The new Italian American Museum of DC and Holy Rosary Church Tour Fall Series Launch!


CiaoDC Invites you to a special fall tour launch of the new Italian American Museum of Washington, D.C. (IAMDC) Tour series on Wednesday, November 16, 11-12:30 at 395 1/2 3rd and F Street, NE, Washington, D.C.  Discover the rich history and amazing contributions of Italian Americans with special focus on the contributions here in the Washington, D.C. area.  A 90-minute tour will be guided by the curators of the museum and fellow Italian Americans.  Museum tour will be followed by a 15-minute tour of the only Italian American Museum church in Washington, D.C., Holy Rosary Church.  Box lunch will be offered.

These icons are near and dear to my heart as my husband and I celebrated our wedding ceremony here and our girls, Giuliana and Sofia, were baptized.  Before having a family and meeting my husband, I began - what would be - my lifelong journey of studying, promoting and celebrating my Italian heritage as my passion and career.  It was at this sanctuary that I began participating in community Italian events; leading clubs; studying the language, launching with my fellow Italian American friends the premiere Italian street festival on the very streets of Holy Rosary Church and what is now, the coveted Italian American Museum of Washington, D.C. (IAMDC.)  God Bless the creative minds that created this museum and the wonderful sponsors that have made this dream a reality.  

It is with great honor that CiaoDC kicks off the IAMDC Fall series this month on November 16, 11-12:30.  For more information and to RSVP click here.   Tour is $10 with 15% of the proceeds going to the Italian American Museum DC.  Limited Capacity.  Lunch options available for additional fee. 




No comments:

Post a Comment